|Atlanta RF Software offers RF/microwave CAE software product: TEMcoupler, which performs electrical and
dimensional Synthesis of N-section Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Directional Couplers and/or Frequency Analysis
of TEM-mode (stripline) or quasi-TEM-mode (microstrip) Symmetrical or Asymmetrical Directional Couplers and
includes the following product features:
1. Synthesis of N-section Symmetrical TEM-mode (stripline) and quasi-TEM-mode (microstrip)
Directional Couplers, up to N = 9 sections across multiple frequency octaves: Zoe & Zoo.
2. Synthesis of N-section Asymmetrical TEM-mode (stripline) and quasi-TEM-mode (microstrip)
Directional Couplers, up to N = 6-sections across multiple frequency octaves: Zoe & Zoo.
3. Synthesis of physical dimensions of N-section Symmetrical & Asymmetrical TEM-mode
couplers using broadside parallel-coupled stripline construction, with or without strip offset.
4. Frequency Analysis of multi-section Directional Couplers:
a) Analysis of N-section Symmetrical (N = 3, 5, 7 & 9-sections) Directional Couplers.
b) Analysis of N-section Asymmetrical (up to N = 6-sections) Directional Coulers.
c) Can read User's Coupler Data File or User can enter key design data for Analysis:
1) Even and Odd-Mode Impedances: Zoe & Zoo for each section.
2) Center Frequency for each section.
5. Frequency Analysis features:
a) User can select even & odd-mode phase velocity to simulate Microstrip construction.
b) User can select loss levels (dB/inch) to simulate Insertion Loss effects.
6. Frequency Analysis response profile of key 4-port directional coupler parameters:
a) 4-port Coupler Response: Scattering Parameters - Magnitude (dB) and Phase (degrees).
b) VSWR, Coupling, Isolation & Quadrature Phase Error.
7. Default values for each User-entered Input Data.
Software product: TEMcoupler is a User-friendly and versatile design tool to characterize practical multi-section
directional couplers having a symmetrical or asymmetrical design, whether constructed in stripline or dispersive
Download our White Paper on Multi-Section Symmetrical Directional Couplers.
Download the User Manual for software product: TEMcoupler to view
the many features and capabilities that support your RF circuit designs.
Download the DEMO software product: TEMcoupler-DEMO to explore the
functions available and solutions offered to ease your everyday work load.
Functional illustration of a multi-section Symmetrical Directional Coupler: