RF/Microwave Transmission Line Design Software: Microstrip
Where Synthesis enables Analysis.....™
Software Product: Microstrip
Atlanta RF Software offers RF/microwave CAE software product: Microstrip, which performs dimensional synthesis and electrical analysis of single-strip microstrip, and includes the following product features:
1. Synthesis of physical dimensions from known Impedances.
2. Analysis of Impedances from known microstrip physical dimensions.
3. Sensitivity Analysis of microstrip Impedance to:
a) Substrate Thickness: H.
b) Strip Width: W.
c) Dielectric Constant: Er.
d) Top cover height: H2.
4. Response profile versus Frequency of:
a) Characteristic Impedance: Zo(eff) versus Frequency.
b) Effective Dielectric Constant: Er(eff) versus Frequency.
c) Conductor loss versus Frequency.
d) Dielectric loss versus Frequency.
e) Radiation loss versus Frequency.
f) Unloaded Q (Qu) versus Frequency.
5. Higher-order mode cut-off frequency.
6. Default values for each User-entered input data.
7. Output Data stored on your hard drive for graphical plots.
Software product: Microstrip computes the Impedance Sensitivity of your microstrip circuit to its physical dimensions, so mechanical tolerances during fabrication are well-controlled. Dispersion effects on Impedance: Zo(eff) and effective dielectric constant: Er(eff) versus frequency are part of Microstrip's Output Data, even when phyiscal dimensions are synthesized.
Download our DEMO software product: Microstrip-Demo to explore the
functions available and solutions offered to ease your everyday work load.
Conductor Loss, Dielectric Loss and Radiation Loss versus Frequency for a
50 Ohm microstrip transmission line constructed on Roger's RO4350B substrate.
A typical Microstrip Transmission Line.