|Atlanta RF Software offers RF/microwave CAE software product: MScoupler, which performs Electrical &
Dimensional Synthesis, Sensitivity Analysis and Frequency Analysis of microstrip edge-coupled directional
couplers, and includes the following product features:
1. Synthesis of micostrip coupler’s physical dimensions (strip width & strip spacing) from:
a) A range of coupling levels: Cmin to Cmax (dB), or
b) A range of Even-Mode Impedances: ZoeMIN to ZoeMAX.
2. Analysis of Impedances: Zoe, Zoo & Zo from known physical dimensions:
a) Range of Strip Widths: Wmin to Wmax.
b) Range of Strip Spacings: Smin to Smax.
3. Sensitivity Analysis of Impedance : Zoe & Zoo to:
a) Substrate thickness: H, and Dielectric Constant: Er.
b) Range of Strip Widths: Wmin to Wmax, and Strip Spacing: S.
c) Top-cover Height: H2.
4. Frequency Analysis response profile of:
a) Dispersive Zoe, Zoo and their effective dielectric constants versus Frequency.
b) Conductor losses versus Frequency (Resistivity & Surface Roughness).
c) Dielectric loss and Radiation loss versus Frequency.
5. Default values for each User-entered input data.
6. Output Data stored on your hard drive for graphical plots: Excel format or WORD format.
Software product: MScoupler is a User-friendly design tool that reduces design time & cost to develop microstrip
directional couplers. Put away your nomographs and rely on MScoupler to synthesize accurate & reliable physical
dimensions for your next microstrip coupler. Our Frequency Analysis will predict the response profile of your designs
before you build the hardware. . . . . including insertion loss from resistivity, roughness & dielectric loss tangent.
Download the DEMO software product: MScoupler-DEMO to explore
the functions available and solutions offered to ease your everyday work load.