Atlanta RF Software offers RF/microwave CAE software product: WRDguide, which performs dimensional synthesis and analysis of Double Ridge and Single Ridge Waveguide, and includes the following product features:
1. Synthesis of physical dimensions from User-selected WRD Impedance:
a) Power-Voltage Impedance: Z(P,V).
b) Voltage-Current Impedance: Z(V,I).
c) Power-Current Impedance: Z(P,I). . . . . . perhaps the best choice!
2. Analysis of Impedances from known ridge waveguide dimensions.
3. Sensitivity Analysis of Waveguide Impedance to:
a) Waveguide width: A.
b) Waveguide Height: B.
c) Ridge Gap: D.
d) Ridge Width: S.
4. Response profile versus Frequency of:
a) WRD Impedance: Z(P,V), Z(V,I) and Z(P,I) versus Frequency.
b) Guide wavelength versus Frequency.
c) Conductor losses versus Frequency (Resistivity & Surface Roughness).
d) Unloaded Q (Qu) versus Frequency.
5. Percent of RF power between the Ridge Gap: D.
6. Default values for each User-entered input data.
7. Output Data stored on your hard drive for graphical plots.
Software product: WRDguide can readily synthesize & analyze all standard Ridge waveguide cross-sections, plus allow the User to develop new and custom WRD cross-sections that operate across broader operating frequency ranges. WRDguide is useful when developing Double Ridge Waveguide products, like: Magic Tees; Transitions to coax/microstrip/stripline; Impedance-matching circuits, and many other WRD applications.
Download our White Paper on Double Ridge Waveguide.
Download our DEMO software product: WRDguide-Demo to explore the
functions available and solutions offered to ease your everyday work load.
A typical Double Ridge Waveguide Transmission Line: