Atlanta RF Software offers RF/microwave CAE software product: Coax, which performs Dimensional Synthesis and Electrical Analysis of Coaxial transmission lines, and includes the following product features:
1. Synthesis of coaxial physical dimensions from known Impedances.
2. Analysis of Impedances from known physical dimensions.
3. Sensitivity Analysis of Coaxial Impedance to:
a) Inner conductor diameter: D.
b) Outer conductor diameter: B.
c) Dielectric Constant: Er.
4. Insertion Loss versus Frequency of:
a) Inner conductor loss versus Frequency.
b) Outer Conductor loss versus Frequency.
c) Dielectric Loss versus Frequency.
5. Capacitance & Inductance per unit length.
6. Peak RF power handling of your coaxial cross-section.
7. Higher-order mode cut-off frequency: TE11 mode.
8. Default values for each User-entered input data.
9. Output Data stored on your hard drive for graphical plots.
Software product: Coax is a quick and accurate software product for applying coaxial dimensions to RF/microwave circuits. The insertion loss profile versus frequency includes conductor losses (resistivity & surface roughness), and dielectris loss effects. Impedance sensitivity to small changes in physical dimensions identifies which fabrication parameter most influences your electrical circuit. Ever wonder why the RF.microwave community uses 50 Ohms as the impedance standard for our RF circuits? Explore our software product: Coax to learn why.
Download our DEMO software product: Coax-Demo to explore the
functions available and solutions offered to ease your everyday work load.
A typical Coaxial Transmission Line: